We get fantastic feedback from our customers about the print quality of the images on their cakes, cupcakes and biscuits and we understand that getting your logo and branding correct is extremely important. Our production team take great pride in getting the best image possible, but we do ask you to understand that printing onto icing is not the same as traditional printing and and as a result we cannot guarantee to exactly match your image colour. In order to ensure that you receive the best quality image as closely matched to your branding as possible, we recommend you follow our print guidelines:
IMPORTANT – Colour matching
- We always do our best to match our print to the image you send us, however, we can only match it to the image as viewed on our computer screens.
- Please consider that an image viewed on a computer screen is in an RGB format and as computer screens differ, it can look different from screen to screen.
- We print using inkjet technology with a mix of CMYK edible inks on a photo quality print head.
- We cannot select pantones or specific CMYK colour codes.
- If you are very concerned about colour matching please post us a physical print of the image which will help us adjust the printers in order to get the best match possible.
- Please send us your images as high resolution in either JPEG or PNG format.
- The higher the resolution the better. Logos taken from email footers or websites are often really low resolution and are not always ideal for printing.
- If you are having large cakes it is especially important to provide us with a high-resolution image as the printed image on the cake can be up to 30cm wide.
Our edible ink food printers are photo quality inkjet machines using CMYK colours to reproduce your images. Ideally, we need images that have been saved as CMYK format to ensure the print software reads the colours correctly. If the image has been created using RGB or other colour coding formats this may affect how our printers interpret the colours in the image.
Whilst printing with edible ink onto icing is a similar process to traditional CMYK paper printing, edible ink and icing are a different consistency to paper and traditional ink. This means we cannot 100% guarantee to reproduce your image with 100% clarity.
Images with very fine or really small writing can often be a challenge to recreate with 100% clarity, especially if the writing is within a large block of colour. Where possible, please send images with larger, bold text or alternatively remove any unnecessary text to simplify the print.
Small text in light colours such as light grey can also be a challenge. We recommend larger bolder text.
We may occasionally request or suggest an image is re-designed to ensure it can be printed within the parameters of our equipment. Should the re-design request or our ideas not be accepted we will not provide any financial redress should there be any image quality issues.
Very detailed images and designs
Really detailed images and designs can also be a challenge, especially if they are in a large block of colour. We recommend, where possible, that you use a simple image or logo where fine detail is not detrimental to the look of the print.
Whilst we can produce great quality images, they will degrade over time as the icing they are printed onto is subject to temperature and humidity fluctuations. We suggest that all products that are not being used are kept at room temperature and out of direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate any of our products it will affect the surface that the image is printed upon. We recommend that images are at their best for the following times:
Cupcakes – 2 days from delivery / Full Cakes – 5 days from delivery / Biscuits and Flapjacks – 7 days from delivery.
Hard copy logos or images
Please post to Eat My Logo Ltd, 7 Edward Street, Chorley, PR6 0RE.