Whilst our food printers are state of the art, printing onto icing with edible ink is not the same as printing photo’s onto photo paper. It is your responsibility to upload good quality images that meet our guidelines. To get the best results please follow these guidelines or view our full print guidelines HERE:
USE BRIGHT PICTURES – Make sure your image is high quality as we may need to enlarge it to print onto a cake. Low resolution images may pix-elate.
FULL SIZED CAKES – Make sure you use a high resolution image for a large cake as poor quality or low resolution images may pix-elate when expanded in size to fit a large cake.
CUPCAKES AND BISCUITS – Toppers for cupcakes and biscuits are only 5cm in diameter so:
- Use photos with just one or two people and make them as large as you can within the space.
- Avoid group shots may not come out well as the print area is too small.
- Make sure the images are bold and bright as they tend to work best.
- Avoid dark pictures and those with lots of fine detail are harder to print.
- If adding text, make it large and bold, and select a text colour that stands against the picture.
Cupcake Sponge Mix – Our sponge cakes are all baked from scratch using the following ingredients:
- Free range eggs, sugar, wheat flour, Unsalted Butter, Butter with Vegetable Oil, golden syrup, (Chocolate cake includes cocoa powder).
- Gluten free cakes and cupcakes are baked using Doves Farm gluten free flour.
Cake Fillings – The ingredients for the filled centres of our cupcakes are below:
- Vanilla – Unsalted Butter, Butter with Vegetable Oil, Icing Sugar
- Lemon – Unsalted Butter, Butter with Vegetable Oil, Icing Sugar, Lemon Curd
- Light Chocolate – Unsalted Butter, Butter with Vegetable Oil, Icing Sugar, Cocoa Powder.
Icing – We cover your sponge cake in a high quality sugar paste icing that is specially formulated to provide the best surface to print logos and images. The ingredients for our icing are:
- Sugar, vegetable oil, glucose syrup, Humectants (E420, E422), water, Stabilisers (E413, E415), flavouring, colour (E171), Emulsifier (E472©), Acidity regulators (E270, E325), Preservative (E202).
Edible Ink – Our images are printed using edible ink in four colours Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK), Ingredients for our ink are:
- Water, Ethanol, Glycerin, artificial colouring – may contain the following: FD&C red 40, FD&C blue 1, FD&C red 3, FD&C yellow 5, Emulsifiers, polysorbate 80, preservative, methylparaben (0.1%)